Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Glamour Kills (And sorry I'm bad at blogging):)

WARNING LONG POST WORTH READING!!
Okay...so here's how it goes: I'm not used to being "responsible" for updating something...I'm thinking I may actually just make a fake FB account named like Natalei Brick and you can prolly find me there..I shall let you know if that works out...
SO today I wan't to let you guys--my friends (hopefully:P)--know about this amazing Brand blah blah blah thing called Glamour Kills. GK runs a fashion line that's basically very indie, skater sort of look...it's AMAZING I have like..eight of their t-shirts a bunch of their hoodies and I just ordered their GLAM and KILL bootty shorts. Hellz yeah!!! Not only that but they sell Skateboard decks and iPod cases and shit like that so it's pretty incredible. SO...for all of you that have a thing for Indie music and shit like that go buy something...it's a really great organization, the clothes aren't THAT expensive and super cute. But besides that they're sponsored or supported or whatever by a bunch of the best bands in the entire universe. To name..well all of them:

ALL TIME LOW: quite honestly this may just be the best band that's ever walked the planet. really i can't pick one song that i prfer over the others. buy every album, ep, single, video whatever. they're amazing. 'Poppin' Champagne', 'Six Feet Under the Stars', 'Lost in Stereo', 'Weightless' and 'Toxic Valentine' are amazing. but so are the rest of their songs. i've met them, well i guess now i can say i know them since i've met them 6 times now. they're all so nice..and i still have alex's beanie!! be jealous...:))
GWEN STACY: yes they're a screamo band. i don't actually know them... hahahaha.
COBRA STARSHIP: cobra starship...what's not to love? everyone knows them since good girls go bad came out but they're better from their first album. 'Guilty Pleasure' is beyond the best cobra starship song ever...like end of story. but 'Send My Love to the Dancefloor I'll See You in Hell (Hey Mr DJ)' is pretty kick ass too.
A ROCKET TO THE MOON: These guys are amazing. And they released a new album...like in January I think... Again they're a Indie Pop rock band. It's the kind of music I like..if you don't like it not my fault. But since you're reading MY BLOG im telling you about my favorite music. try 'Like I Used To', 'Baby We're Invincible', 'She's Killing Me', and 'Dakota'. Those are my personal favorites.

THE MAINE: These guys are the only thing that competes with All Time Low for me. These guys are fucking incredible. Their music is not as pop rock..it's definitely more indie rock...at least to me. I love their music. Can't Stop Won't Stop was GROUND SHATTERING for me. I mean, it's soooo good. And Black and White comes out this summer and I'm counting the days. 'Into Your Arms' saved my life. Not literally but yeah...it's like the perfect story and the first few times I listened to it I cried. I know the story (=)) and its such a great song. John is HOTTTTT. Just had to throw that in there. Their newer singles off Black and White are great too. I love 'Inside of You' and 'Growing Up'. But all time favorites--'Into Your Arms', 'Inside of You', 'The Way We Talk', and 'Kiss and Sell'.

HIT THE LIGHTS: Again, a very pop rock band. They're good too. 'Drop the Girl' is great. 'Speakers Blown' is my favorite. While 'Body Bag' has such great lyrics the beat is a little strange. Their cover of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' is sooo good. 'Stay Out' is great too. check em out!

BOYS LIKE GIRLS: Okay, who doesn't know 'Great Escape'? That song is the soundtrack of my summers. 'Hero/Heroine' is fantastic. 'Thunder' is every girl's secret favorite song. 'Love Drunk' was great but it's kind of tired now. I'm not a fan of 'Two is Better Than One' only because his voice sounds SOOO whiney. 'Heart Heart Heartbreak' is the perfect tie between pop and rock music. Sounds like *NSYNC in the beginning...

A DAY TO REMEMBER: I didn't really know this band until X-mas 2009. They're in no way my FAVORITE band but I do like them. They have screamo moments, but I personally don't really mind that. Some people HATE it. I kind of think it fits these guys. 'Downfall of Us All' is good. 'If It Means a Lot to You' is fantastic, my favorite of these guys. Their cover of 'Over My Head' is good, as is their cover of 'Since U Been Gone'. 'You Should've Killed Me When You Had the Chance' and 'The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle' are super catchy.

SET YOUR GOALS: I don't like these guys as much. LOL. If you look them up on iTunes the first song that shows up is 'Put Yo Hood Up' it's a cover. it's not their music. it's bad. bad. bad bad bad bad. 'Echoes' and 'The Fallen...' are the ones I reccommend.

THE READY SET: This is ONE guy. Okay? I HAE when people are like OMG I love The Ready Set! They're sooo good. It's like...it's one guy. Not they, he. Sorry. Um he's releasing a new album in exactly 6 days. I 've preordered it. I like his music...some dont. Idk... 'Love Like Woe' isn't my favorite but it's okay...'Blizzard of '89' is soo good. i Love the acoustic version of 'Sixty Eight'. I like him more acoustic.

blessthefall: it's written as one word. just FYI. They're screamo again. 'Guys Liek You Make Us Look Bad' is their big song. Their cover of Aerosmith's 'Dream On' is good. i Like 'Hey Baby, Here's That Song You Wanted' is my favorite.

POLAR BEAR CLUB: i'd say they're a screamo band but they're more of a grunto band. lol i created a word!!! 'Living Saints' 'Light of Local Eyes' and 'Boxes' are my favorite.

WITH THE PUNCHES: They only have one album. SO heres what I have to say...BUY IT. it's SOOOOO GOOD. i love these guys. 'Burned at Both Ends', 'Slizzard Crossing (Your Doing It Wrong)' and 'Thrill Your Idols' are all good.

HEY MONDAY: Okay Cassadee Pope is such a good singer. I saw these guys in concert I think 4-5 times now. And every single time they do soo well. '6 Months' is my favorite ballad ever. I love that song. 'Josey' 'Run Don't Walk', and 'Obvious' are all worth a listen.

MAYDAY PARADE: I'm not the hugest fan. I'll admit it. But I have reasons, they just seem like all the others. They don't really have something that makes them stand out. I mean the lead singer isn't drop dead gorgeous, and he doesn't have this amazing voice. ANd the lyrics aren't anywhere near as good as any of the other bands here. I will recommend a listen to however-'Jamie All Over', 'Miserable at Best' and 'Jersey'.

THE AUDITION: I love this band. And yes, I've realized that I've said that about like...every other band. But I have this thing for music. I'm addicted. :) Oh well. Might as well admit my addiction! Soo I love 'You've Msade Us Conscious', 'Don't Be So Hard' and the acoustic version and 'Smoke and Mirrors'.

WE THE KINGS: Again everyone knows 'Check Yes Juliet'. So this is one of those bands that have somwehat "made it". Whatever the hell that means. But the ones I think you HAVE to check out are...'Secret Valentine'--yes it's about sex. Get over it. 'All Again for You', and 'She Takes Me High'.

SILVERSTEIN: First off they are screamo sometimes. I love their version of 'Apologize'. It has a really good parts to it. 'SMile in Your Sleep' and 'My Heroine' are both worth listening to.

FOUR YEAR STRONG: Not exactly a screamo band, but he does sound kind of...angry. LOL. I like their cover of 'Love Song' and 'Tonight We Feel Alive (On A Saturday)'.

YOU ME AT SIX: First off I LOVE their band's name. I dont really know why, btu I do!! Secondly--i LOVE this band. Don't LAUGH AT ME SPICE! All fo their songs are worth listening to and not only that but they record like...a lot! So they almost always have new music. Not always...but often. 'Kiss and Tell', 'Always Attract', 'Save It for the Bedroom', 'Liquid Confidence' and 'Fireworks' are among my favorites but I do like all of their songs. I'm on my way to having all of their songs.

THE FRIDAY NIGHT BOYS: One of the bands that started my obsession with pop punk indie music. One of their songs...'Stupid Love Letter'...was featured in When in Rome. So they've kind of made like...idk an impact. 'That's What She Said', 'High School', 'Stuttering' and 'Suicide Sunday' are all so good.


So...now you guys know a little bit more about me...'cause now you guys know all my favorite music. Well no not all my favorite music. That would be like.....8 thousand pages long. OHEMEFFGEE!! everyone HAS to listen to this song called 'LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE' i'ts off Eminem's next album Recovery and it's featuring Rihanna and it's amazing.


ANyway I have to call my god child. Peace out homeslice

No comments:

Post a Comment